Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Carnival

The Carnival

Big Fun® rolled into town last week ~ the carnival, of course.
With awesome rides and water slides (they even brought a horse!)

I watched them set up camp and settle in for seven days.
Erecting roller coasters like The Zipper and The Blaze!

Day one, I lost my favorite hat ~ day two, my new stuffed clown.
Day three, I lost my flip-flops while suspended upside down.

Days four and five, I lost six bucks in pocket change, and then,
Day six, I lost my toe ring (and my baby brother, Ben!)*

Day seven, after chowing down on carny food and punch,
I staggered off the Puke-a-Whirl and lost my corn-dog lunch!

I also lost my voice (I blame The Mega Milky Way**).
Can’t wait to watch the carnival roll out again today!


* I later found Ben trapped in a corner trying, unsuccessfully, to steer a Bumper Car.

** scary freakin’ roller coaster

by Donna Lee Murphy
copyright 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment