Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Boring Vacation

I’m playing Battlestar again (they call me “Battle King”).
As far as my vacation plans, I haven’t planned a thing.

I’m welcome to go fishing on the yacht with Uncle Jim.
But I just hate to murder fish, and also I can’t swim.

My father said he’d send for me, he lives in Paris, France.
But I’m afraid to fly (last year I nearly peed my pants).

I thought about a camping trip ~ I dig a woodsy hike.
But last time I got poison oak, and wrecked my mountain bike.

Aunt Sue would say, “The circus!”, or “a race at Church Hill Downs!”
I’m just not into horses, and I’m scared to death of clowns.

My wealthy cousin Frank said, “Kid, you’re always welcome here.”
But Frank is rather snobbish (and he always reeks of beer).

I’m bored to death of Battlestar, and feeling rather blue.
I’d better go outside and look for something fun to do.

Perhaps I’ll visit Bill, my friend on 25th and Grand.
Just half a mile away from here ~ next door to Disney Land.

By Donna Lee Murphy
Copyright 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment